Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Picture of the Week: December 11, 2007

Maybe "Picture of the Week" is a better idea than "of the Day." Don't be surprised if it's more or less frequent; I'm pretty much just going to slap up one of my favorite pictures from the Richmond Shakespeare vault whenever it occurs to me. If it's been a while, and you haven't seen one, let me know. Or if you have requests, like "How about one of those great pictures of Foster Solomon and Susan Sanford in The Taming of the Shrew?"

Today's pic comes from the famous "Girls Gonne Wilde" action of Twelfth Night, and features Frank Creasy (left) as Sir Toby Belch, and Dave White (right) as Sir Andrew Ague-Cheek. Photo by Eric Dobbs.


Fans of Dave and Frank, two of my favorite actors, will be glad to hear that they will both be gracing our stage in the coming months; Dave as the Duke in Measure for Measure opening February 7, and Frank as Jacques in As You Like It opening March 27.

No comments: